After becoming an Eagle Scout, you may earn Palms by completing the following
- Be active in your troop and patrol for at least three months after
becoming an Eagle Scout or after award of last Palm. (Eagle Palms must
be earned in sequence, and the three-month tenure requirement must be
observed for each Palm.)
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout
Law in your everyday life.
- Make a satisfactory effort to develop and demonstrate leadership ability.
- Earn five additional merit badges beyond those required for Eagle or last
Palm. (Merit badges earned any time since becoming a Boy Scout may be used
to meet this requirement.)
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Complete a board of review.
You may wear only the proper combination of Palms for the number of merit
badges you earned beyond the rank of Eagle. The Bronze Palm represents five
merit badges, the Gold Palm 10, and the Silver Palm 15.