The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, areas, regions, and the BSA National Council to Venturers and Venturing Advisors who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- Be registered and involved as a Venturer or Venturing leader for at least one year.
- Hold a leadership position or an office at the unit, district, council, area, region, or national level (as appropriate for the level of the award presented).
- Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers (on the level appropriate for the award).
Additional Required Elements
- This nomination form must be used for council, area, region, and national Venturing Leadership Award consideration.
- Attach letters of recommendation from Venturers, Scouters, acquaintances, teachers, place of worship, etc.
- Attach additional sheets, if necessary.
- Nomination form due dates:
Council—December 12 to the Northwest Texas Council.
Area—April 30 to the area Venturing Advisor.
Region—April 15 to the national service center, Regional Operations Department
National—April 1 to the national service center, Regional Operations Department
- Council Venturing Leadership Award:
- Medallion suspended from blue and white ribbon