The newest level of endowment recognition, the Founders Circle is intended to recognize deferred gifts designated for council endowment funds. With deferred giving (also called planned giving) so widely and effectively used by so many donors, the BSA wants to recognize the importance of such major gifts. Donors are recognized for gift commitments with a minimum value of $100,000. Unlike the other endowment recognition awards, a donor may qualify for membership with gifts made through:
- Charitable bequests in a will or codicil.
- Charitable trusts, such as unitrusts, annuity, and lead trusts.
- BSA Gift Annuities, or BSA Pooled Income Fund gifts
- Life insurance/retirement plan designations
- Other deferred gifts approved by the NWTC. As with the 1910 Society, there are four levels of membership within the Founders Circle.
- Bronze $100,000 min.
- Silver $250,000 min.
- Gold $500,000 min.
- Platinum $1,000,000 min.
The early founders of the BSA had the vision and commitment to make Scouting the number one youth organization in the world. In that spirit, we honor the modern day visionaries who qualify for the Founders Circle in their commitment to perpetuate the visions and beliefs of those founders.
Founders Circle Members
Donor wishes to remain anonymous